Total Time: 0:30
- 7 cloves garlic, finely minced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. fresh orange juice
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c. Chopped cilantro
- cooked white rice, for serving
- Make the marinade: In a medium bowl, combine garlic, ½ cup olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Reserve about 1/2 cup of marinade to use later.
- Add shrimp to marinade and toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. When the oil is shimmering, add shrimp in a single layer. Sear until the shrimp is pink on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the reserved marinade and bring the liquid to a simmer. Simmer shrimp in marinade for 1 minute. Remove from skillet heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately over white rice.
One Pan Baby Back Ribs
Total Time: 2:30
- 1 rack baby back ribs, halved
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 ears corn, husked and halved
- 10–15 stalks asparagus
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Place the half racks on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle evenly with cumin, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Rub in the seasoning evenly on both sides.
- Cover with the foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Increase oven temperature to 500°F.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and place on baking sheet. Spread the BBQ sauce evenly on the top.
- Place the corn on one side of the pan, and the asparagus on the other. Drizzle the olive oil, salt, and pepper evenly over the veggies, and rub the seasoning in evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rest the ribs at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!