Total Time: 0:30
- 7 cloves garlic, finely minced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. fresh orange juice
- 1/3 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c. Chopped cilantro
- cooked white rice, for serving
- Make the marinade: In a medium bowl, combine garlic, ½ cup olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Reserve about 1/2 cup of marinade to use later.
- Add shrimp to marinade and toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. When the oil is shimmering, add shrimp in a single layer. Sear until the shrimp is pink on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip shrimp and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the reserved marinade and bring the liquid to a simmer. Simmer shrimp in marinade for 1 minute. Remove from skillet heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately over white rice.