Total Time: 0:20
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices marbled rye bread
- 8 slices Swiss
- 12 ounces deli-sliced corned beef
- 1/2 cup drained sauerkraut
- 4 tablespoons Kicked-Up Russian Dressing, recipe follows
- 10 slices pickles, for serving
Kicked-Up Russian Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce, such as Heinz
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled relish
- Make Dressing: In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, horseradish and relish.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brush butter on one side of each slice of bread and place buttered-side down onto the skillet until toasted.
- Place the bread, buttered-side down on a work surface. Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese.
- Then place 2 to 3 slices of the corned beef on half of the slices of bread
- Place 2 tablespoons sauerkraut over the corned beef and spoon 1 tablespoon Kicked-Up Russian Dressing onto the remaining slices of bread.
- Place each of the slices of bread with dressing, buttered-side out on top of the slices of bread topped with corned beef.
- Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until golden and toasted, about 5 minutes, using a spatula to press down a few times.
- Turn the sandwiches over and top with foil, then place another pan or skillet on top to press down.
- Cook until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with pickles on the side.